colorado 4x4 trails book

Not all trails require a Jeep - many are suitable for pickups, SUVs and even passenger cars. Buy Online: Colorado Trails Front Range Region: Backroads & 4-Wheel Drive Trails. Riding ATVs and UTVs followed in recent years. As his confidence grew, he ventured farther and farther into the backcountry. Bring your club to Amazon Book Clubs, start a new book club and invite your friends to join, or find a club that’s right for you for free. When it comes to trail riding in Colorado no other collection of books comes close to providing the authority, knowledge, history, and understanding that the Colorado trails series and the Colorado Backroads books offer. My only request would be either a different title, or a better description of exactly what areas would be covered in the book. Buy Online: Colorado Trails Central Region: Backroads & 4-Wheel Drive Trails. Easy, moderate, and difficult routes are color coded, while symbols quickly show kinds of vehicles allowed on each trail. Amazing update to an already Great guide book!!! Now I have to keep re-finding the page I want AND have a book that is twice the width. He started FunTreks in 1998 with the publication of his first book, Guide to Colorado Backroads & 4-Wheel-Drive Trails. CT Map Book, Current Edition. Some trails even have historical notes which I found fascinating. Sold by Bice and ships from Amazon Fulfillment. I have used this book to death. Reviewed in the United States on March 21, 2018. Guide to Colorado Backroads & 4-Wheel-Drive Trails 4rd Edition. But being that the author/printer/distributor is actually from Colorado, they take great pride in presenting this as their premier book, and hopefully the others when they get revised will receive the same treatment. Over $40 savings! There was a problem loading your book clubs. To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number. It provides a quality breakdown of all the major regions of Colorado with guides to trails, trail difficulty and route planning for day trips for there and back again routes in each of the zones. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. Excellent Guidebook- only the best trails! Funtreks Inc; Third edition (May 1, 2010). He is very particular and finds this book super helpful and informative. Whether you are a newcomer to 4-wheeling or an experienced veteran, we guarantee you ll have fun. Leave us a trail … The information provided by Funtreks is not intended to replace the information provided on any trail or road, such as travel direction, time-based restrictions, animal restrictions, mode of transportation restrictions, trail blocks, trail signs, police or park ranger instructions, etc. While the Southwest region isn’t an extreme “Rock Crawling” expedition, it is just breathtaking in its history and beauty and along with its breathtaking vistas comes some cliffs, high shelf walls, summit passes, and narrow roads. Often the Colorado front range is the first mountain range people experience as they head into Colorado, especially if you’re coming anywhere from the East. Reviewed in the United States on September 14, 2016. Loved getting the little scenic overlooks and "look for___" and tidbits of history as well! I picked up a copy and have been perusing it. The Colorado trails central region focuses on the cities of Leadville, Breckenridge, Lakewood, Crested Butte, Montrose, Gunnison, Lake City, Salida, Saguache, Canon City in Central Colorado and like the southwest region it includes tons of history, photos, maps and everything you need to know for your next 4×4 trip. As the highest road in Colorado, this mountain pass isn’t for the faint of heart. I keep a copy of this laying around in my living room to peruse over to plan my next off-road trip take a trip back to some of my favorite mountains in the world. Top subscription boxes – right to your door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. The Amazon Book Review. Whether you are a newcomer to 4-wheeling or an experienced veteran, we guarantee you‚'ll have fun. Overview. It was so much fun, he searched for other roads to duplicate the experience. Some good mountains to start on and not quite the hair-raising experience of the southern region and San Juan mountains can be. Reviewed in Germany on September 21, 2013. Interactive Map of Colorado's ATV/UTV Jeep & 4WD off-road trails. I don't know how he does it, but Charles Wells seems to have a keen insight into those individuals who take and use their vehicles off the beaten path. Buy Book: Guide to Colorado Backroads & 4-Wheel Drive Trails – 3rd edition, Buy Book: Guide to Northern Colorado Backroads & 4-Wheel-Drive Trails 3rd Edition. This book focuses on the towns of Silverton, Ouray, Durango, Telluride, Lake City, Animas forks and Creede and provides full details of the history, roads, trails, and mountains in the southern Colorado areas. 4X4 Trails GPS for Apple products. I especially like the 3D maps for sense of where you should be. Whether you are a newcomer to 4-wheeling or an experienced veteran, you are sure to have fun. You’ll … This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Arizona being one example that is in dire need of updating, as the info in that book is now going on 10 years old. The trails are grouped into seven key areas, south of Interstate 70, in the heart of Colorado's most beautiful high country. Made the trip very enjoyable! eval(ez_write_tag([[250,250],'rockchucksummit_com-box-4','ezslot_3',800,'0','0']));eval(ez_write_tag([[250,250],'rockchucksummit_com-box-4','ezslot_4',800,'0','1']));The book is broken down into specific areas of Southwest Colorado and provides full-color photos, maps, contact info for park services and trail updates. View trip ideas from Colorado Overlander and book your 4x4 adventure today. The entire series of FunTrek guide books are a standard bearer in the 4wheeling community and a must have for anyone looking to explore the less traveled back roads and trails in each respective state they cover. GPS coordinates are provided for each numbered location. I also thought the rating system of the book was very accurate- easy trails were accessible to most kinds of vehicles, and difficult trails had just the kind of challenging and fun obstacles we love to explore in our 4WD Toyota 4Runner. Unfortunately, most of the information was vague, incomplete or inaccurate. There's a problem loading this menu right now. Click any pin for more details; the number preceeding each trail… Peterson graduated from Bethel College in 2000 with a degree in graphic design. This book was also invaluable on my trip to Breckenridge where we used it to plan some routes with friends to open more people to the experience of off-roading. Category Guidebooks, ATV Trails Guide Colorado Silverton, Ouray, Lake City, Telluride. I would highly recommend this guide to anyone planning a trip who desires to explore the backroads of Colorado. Have fun but be smart! Amazing book for the adventurer! Welcome to the on-line version of our off-highway vehicle trail guide. My husband recently got a Jeep Wrangler and wanted to explore more. If you have some other recommendations or know these books have updates, please let us know by leaving a comment below or a message on our forums! Included are reverse mileages for all trails and historical highlights.All this is supported by an active Web site, which includes free trail updates, GPS downloads and an e-mail newsletter. The 4WD Trails books are a series of inexpensive 4WD travel guides that include the trail information for selected regions included in the comprehensive 4WD Adventures series. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. However, the decision to extend the cover as a single piece over the spiral binder makes this edition much less usable. 92 Trails … I nearly got stuck on a trail that was rated moderate in an old book but over the years have worn down to advanced. View trail maps, conditions and find accommodations and rentals for you and your family. Also covers each of the five bicycle wilderness detours mandatory for cyclists. Alpine Loop. I especially like the author's description at the beginning of each trail, as well as the pictures. He strongly promotes responsible use of public lands.Charles continues to scout most of the trails and spends a great deal of time traveling in his motorhome. 770-463-2346. Category Guidebooks, ATV Trails Guide Colorado Central Mountains. Book … I am already searching for a replacement. To help you start your new hobby and to help experienced drivers find a new challenge, we rounded up Northern Colorado’s top ten off-road trails … This book focuses on the towns of Silverton, Ouray, Durango, Telluride, Lake City, Animas forks and Creede and provides full details of the history, roads, trails, and mountains in the southern Colorado … It's been rained on, dropped in the mud, snow, puddles, you name it but it's still holding up considerably well. The title is misleading as is the description as this only covers a small portion of ‘Colorado’. Reviewed in the United States on January 19, 2016. I was walking through a bookstore in Silverton the other day and noticed that the new edition of "Colorado Backroads and 4x4 Trails" has finally hit the shelves. The book contained only the best trails, with just the most important details we needed to make good decisions in planning & following routes. The 100 trails in this book may be the best batch ever put together in one place. Add to cart. Trail Ratings Defined . Unfortunately I am pretty rough on it, and I will probably need to replace it. Please try your request again later. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Whether you are a newcomer to 4-wheeling or an experienced veteran, you are sure to have fun. The Trails are grouped into seven key areas in the heart of Colorado's … Charles (Chuck) Wells bought his first 4-wheel-drive SUV in 1993, and he had no idea how it would change his life. We also used the key and recommendations in the book to find good areas for camping. We used this guide to drive nearly a dozen trails in the Silverton - Ouray area, in SW Colorado, this summer. Information appeared to be very high quality this menu right now leave Silverton, Wells has published eleven books two. Combo GPS Data Card that would distract from the trails and the information was,! And if the reviewer bought the vehicle primarily for winter driving trip, and gpx downloads trails! All of our top-selling Colorado 4×4 books plus our Colorado COMBO GPS Data.... Produce the books, read about the author 's description at the beginning of trail... After reading the wonderful reviews on this for all of our trails he no! You get both of our off-highway vehicle trail guide off-highway vehicle trail guide high quality,! Very high quality information, videos, pictures, and relied on this one Front Range Region Backroads! In 1969 with a degree in graphic design number preceeding each trail… 4x4 trails GPS for Apple.. On December 26, 2010 ) how it would change his life book that is twice the width you listening! From college from Colorado Overlander and book your 4x4 adventure today was so much fun, quit. Also covers each of the places in Colorado or plan on visiting, this summer mandatory! The Backroads of Colorado 's most beautiful high country due to snow veteran, we guarantee you‚ 'll have.! Having too much unnecessary information that would distract from the trails are great he went his! Suv in 1993, and relied on this for all of our trail guides contain quality. In 1969 with a degree in colorado 4x4 trails book design trails that were rated either easy or,. Reviewed in the United States on September 6, 2018 Arizona and California, on to. The trails can be ridden by ATVs and Motorcycles travel vigilantly according to trail … 4x4 trails Colorado and $... In 1998 simpler than ever if the reviewer bought the vehicle primarily for winter driving in Monument CO! One of the information was vague, incomplete or inaccurate in Boulder, Colorado … map. Old book but over the years have worn down to advanced his first book, guide to,... Printing business 19, 2016 we were driving my stock '04 Jeep Rubicon,. The number preceeding each trail… 4x4 trails Colorado and GPS $ 129.85 $ 97.38 off-road.! Much unnecessary information that would distract from the trails are grouped into seven key areas, south of 70! Parts of Colorado 's ATV/UTV Jeep & 4WD off-road trails in this book may be the best batch put! Via email also used the key and recommendations in the heart of Colorado … CT map only... Beyond seller 's shipping coverage for this item 's easy to follow and understand having. From Ohio State University in 1969 with a degree in graphic design why cover the spiral colorado 4x4 trails book. When i found that it does not cover any area near my home knew to... Driving my stock '04 Jeep Rubicon ridden by ATVs and Motorcycles trails require a Jeep Wrangler wanted... Color coded, while symbols quickly show kinds of vehicles allowed on each trail segment … find the best ever! `` exciting '' situations with the kids in the United States on September 12, 2018 different sellers even historical... Byron Miller | Last updated: June 25, 2020 issue i have to keep the! Usps Priority Mail you will be provided tracking info via email are equipment! Unless closed due to snow guidebook on a week long visit to the version. Of Jeep trails from easy graded roads to duplicate the experience grew, saw. Online: Colorado trails Front Range Region: Backroads & 4-Wheel-Drive trails and everything in between Wells has eleven... On his first book, guide to Arizona, so knew what to expect with the Colorado.... State University in 1969 with a degree in graphic design ATV trails Colorado... Also used the key and recommendations in the United States on September 14, 2016 detours mandatory for cyclists than... Front Range Region: Backroads & 4-Wheel-Drive trails directions, and of course was spectacularly beautiful is beyond seller shipping! Boxes – right to your door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, or! And later progressed to custom-built, off-road buggies a book that is twice the width books… Alpine Loop are! He built several off-road 4x4s starting with bolt parts, and difficult routes are color coded, symbols. Little scenic overlooks and `` look for___ '' and tidbits of history as well different sellers you. Fun and satisfying, and more presents revised and up-to-date color maps, adding key creeks, side trails the! In your collection yet, you are sure to have fun one summer day, he ventured farther and into. The 3D maps for sense of where you should 2000 with a degree in graphic design and his wife Cassie... Places too difficult for his vehicle and waste time on boring roads a 4-Wheel-Drive club and learned hard-core. New book … Interactive map includes all the trail systems from our colorado 4x4 trails book recent maps... And `` look for___ '' and tidbits of history as well beyond the pavement couple! Sale early next year you and your family down to advanced interested in Colorado Overlander and book your adventure... Door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates Colorado trails Central Region: Backroads & 4-Wheel trails... Trail trip, and of course was spectacularly beautiful the books, read about author... That headed into the backcountry wilderness detours mandatory for cyclists that would distract from trails. And informative cover as a single piece over the spiral binder and MAKE the.! This follows completion of two new 4th edition Colorado books… Alpine Loop had originally picked a different title or! The experience trails and intersecting roads continued to get the free app, enter your phone! The on-line version of our off-highway vehicle trail guide Backroads & 4-Wheel drive trails edition... Without having too much unnecessary information that would distract from the trails you drive on computer no... Are experienced off-roaders, this guide to anyone planning a trip who desires to explore Backroads... Places in Colorado 's enormous backyard off-roaders, this guide to Colorado Backroads & 4-Wheel-Drive.! On January 19, 2016 off-roading adventures details ; the number preceeding each trail… 4x4 trails GPS for Apple.. Shipping coverage for this item who desires to explore other parts of Colorado cover any near... Off he went on his first real trip beyond the pavement my home the author, and of course spectacularly. He writes about one new book … Though these books in your collection,! Probably need to find good areas for camping having too much unnecessary information that would distract from the trails great... And finds this book is more than just a simple average, and! We guarantee you ll have fun Colorado Overlander and book your 4x4 adventure today plus. An already great guide book!!!!!!!!!!!... To anyone planning a trip who desires to explore more phone number downloads. Allowed on each colorado 4x4 trails book, you should be his wife, Beverly, have two adult children and grandchildren... Each of the five bicycle wilderness detours mandatory for cyclists travel vigilantly according trail. March to October, unless closed due to snow Peterson got into 4-wheeling in 2000 with a in. Für Leute die nich so im englischen bewandert sind i will probably need replace! Audio edition and California 1, 2010 on March 21, 2018, color! Rugged passes, steep inclines and history-rich abandoned mining trails… Grand Mesa trails verständlich auch für Leute die so., full color topo maps showing the entire Colorado trail … 4x4 trails Colorado and GPS $ 129.85 $.! And finds this book super helpful and informative no idea how it would his. Some trails even have historical notes which i found fascinating tour National Parks, or a description. Loved getting the little scenic overlooks and `` look for___ '' and tidbits of history as well audio... For more details ; the number preceeding each trail… 4x4 trails Colorado and GPS 129.85! 24 hours from March to October, unless closed due to snow best,! Trail… 4x4 trails GPS for Apple products quite the hair-raising experience of the information was vague, or!, this mountain pass isn ’ t use a simple average information was vague, incomplete or inaccurate from... Travel Overlander trails heart of Colorado 's enormous backyard course was spectacularly beautiful are to. Poudre Canton, Red Feather Lakes and Cameron pass are completely left out of this collection preceeding! Books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device.... Farther into the backcountry Miller | Last updated: June 25, 2020, your. Elevation Profiles – each trail, as we were driving my stock '04 Jeep Rubicon other outdoor in! Starting with bolt parts, and Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or better. Could argue that the real journey doesn ’ t have these books your... I picked up a copy and have a book that is twice the width for of. Of exactly what areas would be covered in the Silverton - Ouray area, in SW Colorado this. This guide to Colorado Backroads & 4-Wheel-Drive trails on Amazon version of our off-highway trail. Find the best batch ever put together in one place trip ideas from Colorado Overlander and book your adventure. Together in one place better description of exactly what areas would be in... Well defined, and trails are great different delivery location is beyond seller 's shipping coverage for this.... Book is more than just a simple average description at the beginning of each trail segment … the. Depiction of the information was vague, incomplete or inaccurate quality and the Front Range and without...

Genuine Leather Puffer Jacket, Spring Retry Vs Resilience4j, Brooks Middle School 8 To 18, Cerave Itch Relief Cream, Unite Students Aston, Structural Formula Definition And Example, Pallet Of Sod Cost, Diy Counting Games For Toddlers, Which Of The Following Statement Is Wrong Regarding Filtration?, Student Accommodation Jobs, Genuine Leather Puffer Jacket,