french apple yogurt cake

i reduced butter by 100gms and added 100gms yogurt instead, in addition to 125ml yogurt. I could almost see custard’ish texture there! Set aside. Sprinkle the 1/3 cup sugar evenly over the top of the cake. i was also puzzled about there not being an agent for rising as it was called a cake, as it was published in the local newspaper i searched the internet for the recipe to make sure that no baking powder and or soda was called for and the newspaper had made a mistake in not including it. Also, metal cake pans bake faster than glass or ceramic pans, so check on your cake accordingly. Tips for making French Country Apple Cake: Use a firm apple in this cake. Last week, I received a case of yogurt to try. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cinnamon, and salt. Dorie Greenspan’s French Apple Cake. Thanks for the recipe. There are no fancy plating techniques here: the pizzas aren’t perfectly round and there are sometimes dribbles of sauce on the serving plate photographed. Email or Phone: Password: Forgot account? Preheat oven at 380 F. In a bowl mix the eggs, yogurt, and olive oil. Second one in the oven now, but there was a very noticeable difference in the batter. Oh, and I did use mostly greek yogurt (2%) thinned out a tiny bit with some milk. Bang the cake pan on a hard surface to help the batter fill in the gaps between the apples and smooth the surface with a spatula. This French Yogurt Cake is probably one of the best cakes and baking recipes coming out from my oven. 114 ratings 4.7 out of 5 star rating. Lemon Yogurt Cake..One of my all time favourite cake..I have already shared a version of it before. I was mildly obsessed by this cake for a whole week, ever since I saw it on Pinterest. I hope you enjoy this cake and happy thanksgiving . Jump to. The sugar crust is a nice touch. Yum! That is what we do in the lab. Thank you so much for the recipe and for “translating” the cups into grams! This apple yogurt cake is a dessert recipe adapted from David Rocco’s  “Made in Italy” (page 341). I usually bake with Cortland apples. That would be 1 full stick of butter (which is 1/2 cup or 8 Tablespoons), plus 6 Tablespoons (3/4 of the stick) of a second stick. No. Besides how easy it is to throw this together, I love that it’s so moist it’s almost like a bread pudding. I read all the other comments and may just cut the butter down a bit it sounds like I could get away with it. Yogurt cake is in many ways the French answer to pound cake but quite honestly, it’s a whole lot better. All Rights Reserved. The simplicity of them is great! It is lemony, super moist and really delicious. I have both of his books, they are amazing! Cook, stirring occasionally, until all moisture released by the apples has evaporated and the slices are beginning to brown, 12 to 15 minutes. Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen. What is the French yogurt cake? Thank you so much for the recipe. The dishes really look homemade. I would avoid apples like McIntosh that turn to mush when cooked. or is this cake just made without ?? Delectable looking cake. 8 Servings. I always bake this cake in a standard 9-inch cake pan. Preparation. My other issue is with the ingredient lists. This French Country Apple Cake might become your new favorite cake. French Yogurt Cake. Apple Yogurt Cake. I have made this a few times, and never had a “pool of melted butter” on top. Thanks. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the 1/2 cup of sugar and the melted butter until it has lightened. Use a hand or stand mixer to mix the cake batter. Add yoghurt, salt and flour; mix well. It’s easy, delicious and takes no time to prepare. Well I made the cake today and I did some things a little different. I’m trying it for a third time today made with pears instead of apples. This recipe is yet another […], […] with most Canadian cookbooks (like Rocco’s), my issue is how the measurements for solids (like flour and sugar) are given in cups and […], […] the apple bundt with caramel sauce, the apple cupcakes with cream cheese frosting, and the apple yogurt cake I shared years ago. Its in there cooling down now and I can definitely tell you my husband is excited about tearing into it, What an outstanding recipe. Add the remaining apple filling over it. Quote BBH25. i was a bit confused with melted butter as whipping that into a light mixture with the sugar is really quite difficult. Greek yogurt is a great way to add moisture to simple cakes and quick breads. We’ve now made several different variations of this Traditional French Yogurt Cake recipe – including a Triple Berry Yogurt Cake that my daughter proudly served to out of town guests recently. o light and fluffy with an electric mixer she did it by hand. https://www.stonyfield.com/recipes/apple-and-yogurt-coffee-cake The best apple cake recipe you'll ever try! This comment has been removed by the author. So good! This traditional Italian apple yogurt cake has a crisp sugar topping. However, I recommend waiting to add the glaze until the day of, otherwise the glaze can make the cake soggy. I received many complements and will make this again. This pairs perfectly with the slight tang from the yogurt, but you can use other citrus flavors as well. We discussed our processes and the only real difference was I whipped the butter and sugar. Made cake…too much butter. Delicious(red or golden)apples would work too! Coat a standard (8 1/2x4 1/4") loaf pan with nonstick vegetable oil spray. This apple cake is not too sweet and goes perfectly with a hot mug of coffee or tea in the morning. Also, many people have taken this recipe and blogged about it, and none had your complaint, so I’m not sure where it went wrong. Add sugar and stir to combine. This is a fat-free cake of considerable flavor, taken from the recipe of Pat Henry, who lives in Escondido, Calif., and who has won prizes five times in the Pillsbury Bake-Off. Loved this recipe thank you for sharing, I found this thru pinterest and blogged about it today here. https://www.davidlebovitz.com/dorie-greenspan-french-apple-cake-recipe Thank you!Nadine. I honestly find it very forgiving and it seems to always turn out (even if the eggs are cold, for example). How to make French Yogurt Cake. I love me an apple cake. By The Bon Appétit Test Kitche n. Photography by Romulo Yane s. April 17, 2012. Pick your cake pan shape and let’s make my family’s yogurt cake recipe. share this. To make this apple cake, you will only need a few basic ingredients (scroll down to recipe card for all quantities):. I loved sugar crust on top of the cake and good taste of apples. It’ ll be’ one of my favorite recipes from now on. 14 tbs butter for this cake is unbelievable. What I love about this book: the simplicity. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Bake the cake for 50 minute to 1 hour, or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean. In another bowl mix the flour, the baking powder, and sugar. French Lemon Yogurt Cake Recipe. Easy . Does Apple Cinnamon Cake Need To Be Refrigerated? Get full recipe here http://www.recipe30.com/french-apple-cake.html/We all love a simple recipe that yields incredible results. ¾ cup all-purpose flour; ¾ teaspoon baking powder; Pinch of salt; 4 large apples I used Honeycrisp, peeled, cored, and diced in 2-inch pieces. I made that recipe the last time my best friend came over for supper. My friend made this as well and had a buttery mess and had to pour off butter after it was baked as I read above. I’m drooling over this cake, it’s flaky and looks sooo moist!! How do I sign up for this gig? They also makes the cake quite pretty, don’t you think? A simple French buttery cake made with sweet apples and topped with freshly whipped cream. Ingredients. Grease a 9-inch springform … My friend is making an apple cake and so i will be ready with this to share and compare. I used plain yogurt (unsweetened) with 2.5% fat. Caramel apple loaf cake. Author: Francoise. I’m pinning it now . I pinned the recipe from pinterest and am making it tomorrow. Sheez. I wish all the publishing houses/authors would see this! I can’t believe a cake this moist could have a crackling top! Whisk in flour, baking powder, and salt. A light and moist cake , good to use up any large tubs of yogurt left in the fridge. By The Bon Appétit Test Kitche n. Photography by Romulo Yane s. April 17, 2012. 4.0 (397) Read Reviews. If this step isn’t done properly, you will end up with a heavy, greasy cake. Reminiscent of a classic French Apple Cake it has a crumb that is sweet and custardy with a top that bakes up light and crumbly. Beat the eggs and caster sugar together in a large bowl until light and fluffy. The cake is wonderful – when it was baking the whole house smelled like heaven, and it’s so moist and delicious! Thank you for sharing… found you through Pinterest! Let me know how it turns out! Oh, David Rocco…. Great suggestions! I find weighing ingredients is so much more accurate. It seemed to really need the air that a whisk attachment creates. me being picky): solids (like flour, sugar, etc.) Ingredients . Are you sure that you measured the butter correctly? The original recipe said to bake the cake for 40 minutes, but mine took over an hour to bake. Até que enfim uma receita que só existia na minha idéia, mas não sabia como fazer. This French apple cake defies all logic: 1 - It only has a small amount of oil in the whole apple cake yet it tastes like a rich butter cake!. 3- The best apple for this apple cake is the Pink Lady apple.Not only does it hold its shape, you get a lovely colour too. I am afraid if I don’t add them that the cake won’t turn out ??? Lemon yogurt cake – a European tradition. i used some eggs(mixed into the sugar and butter mix) that were really cold and thus the mixture congealed much better and whipped into a light mixture. Add all of the apples, 2 tablespoons of the sugar and the salt to the still-hot skillet and set over medium-high. I have made this cake countless times in a square and round mold. Unfortunately, I think Canadian publishing regulations dictate that solids be reported for cookbooks in cups/mL. 4.0 (397) Read Reviews. to make David Rocco’s recipes. The flavor is good, but what I ended up with is such a greasy mess! Bake for 60-70 minutes.. on the highest rack in the oven. Best part is, that it only requires 6 ingredients. Grease and flour a 23cm springform cake tin. I am not sure what excites me the most — the French … https://www.kitchenhealssoul.com/david-roccos-apple-yogurt-cake Oh well. My husband loves a slice of this cake with berries and whipped cream! Cover with another 1/3 of the cake batter. I love the look of the flaky top and it seems simple to make. It’s a really great cake that is the perfect ode to apples. I’ve made this cake twice and loved it but it turns out I was inadvertently halving the amount of butter called for (somehow using 7/8 STICK instead of 7/8 CUP). Traditionally yogurt glass cups were used to measure the ingredients quickly and effortlessly for the cake. Eggless Banana … This is it! Add the eggs, one at a time, beating between each addition and scraping down the bowl as needed. But when it comes to rustic, I’d pursue it to no end. Two novel ideas for me here: Adding apples to a yogut cake batter and topping the cake with a hefty dose of sugar to get that marvelous crust. Let the cake cool for 5 minutes, then run a knife around the edge to loosen the cake from the pan and carefully remove the sides of the cake pan, making sure no apples … Preheat the oven to 180 degrees (fan oven) and line a cake tin (try loaf tin), Melt the butter in a saucepan and add the apples until softening and going golden brown then add the cinnamon and nutmeg and keep on the heat until the apples are very soft do not allow to burn. Ingredients 3/4 cup almond flour 3/4 cup all … I also watch him on tv (and not only because he is handsome!). Wow, this looks deliciously moist – I’ve never actually had a yogurt cake, but it sounds amazing! I’m hopeful. The French yogurt cake is probably the easiest cake in the world and is prepared by using cups. The resulting cake is moist, fluffy and delicious – the kids will be so proud and you don’t have to suffer through an awful dessert just to make them feel good!. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. © 2020 Kitchen Heals Soul. Oh, this looks delicious! Yum! I may also try baking powder — has anyone tried this yet? For the dessert (dolci) section, I think it is important to specify to use unsalted butter and granulated sugar, for example. butter in and the zest of a limon (green lemon), i love it !!! are measured in cups/milliliters (mL). Just mix the batter and bake, an easy recipe that anyone can make! Mix all ingredients together. Obrigada. Although I’ve adapted the recipe a little, it was shared with me by a fellow foodie and friend back in Sicily. Here’s a terrific article that details the 12 best apples for baking. If you try it, let me know how it turns out! Photographs of Janice courtesy of Emilie Iggiotti. Preheat the oven to 180 C / Gas 4. And I’d love to hear how your tweaks turn out , Hi! By all means, make it yours! http://hettlecreative.blogspot.com/. Preheat oven to 180 degree C. First prepare a 18 cm cake pan by oiling it well and dusting it with flour. This Greek Yogurt Apple Streusel cake is a particular favorite, a fruity alternative to traditional coffee cake. Preheat the oven to 350°F. He hangs out with his buddies in Rome, and cooks. I am falling in love with that flaking cake top! French Apple Cake with Greek Yogurt It's fall, time for apples and the beautiful apple desserts that go with the season. Try it. The only change I made was using home made apple sauce instead of half of the butter. Do you add any Baking soda or baking powder???? This will complete our Thanksgiving meal this year, with the addition of a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream. The best apple cake recipe you'll ever try! Sign Up. My pleasure! Nonstick vegetable oil spray. Blackberry & apple frozen yogurt cake 12 ratings 4.8 out of 5 star rating Layers of frozen yogurt are given a crunchy contrast with an oaty biscuit base in this impressive pud - … I’m going to bake it this week with Greek yogurt! What I love about this cake is that the apple flavour is intense (coming from […], […] perfectly with the thin layer of sliced tart apples just below it. This looks like my dream cake. I only used one apple but it was a really big granny smith apple and then after I sprinkled the sugar on top I sprinkled a little more cinnamon on it too. Can’t wait to try it. does it matter what type of apples to use? I do. Mixed in one bowl this French Country Apple Cake bakes up with a custardy middle filled with apples and a crackly walnut and sugar topping. Print Recipe Pin Recipe. I also decreased the butter, but only by about 3 tablespoons. Create New Account. Blackberry & apple loaf. Press alt + / to open this menu. https://dessertfirstgirl.com/2020/04/classic-french-yogurt-cake.html I love the crispy sugar topping that crackles as the cake cools and its crispy texture is a welcome sweet contrast to the soft, slightly tart apples. I made this the other night and absolutely loved it. Love this recipe! I hope your second batch works out! Would love for you to share your pictures with us over at foodepix.com. The cake is so densely apple, I’m sure you will love it. I know that it seems strange to have no leavening agent, but try it! Just wanted to throw that out there for anyone who wants to lighten the cake up a bit! He visits fun places like a chestnut farm, and eats and cooks among the trees. Advertisement. I am a great fan of seasonal fruit in a simple dessert recipe. The mixture at the beginning and end of beating will look quite different. My inner chemist thinks that volumes are for liquids, weights are for solids. I run a research lab so mL and grams are “natural” to me. It did take quite a while to get the butter and sugar light and fluffy by hand, so I think next time I won’t melt the butter all the way…but it turned out great. My very faves are the Tarte Nougat Pommes, and the Swedish Apple Pie. And today finally I baked it. What a life! David Rocco’s Made In Italy: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/030788922X?ie=UTF8&tag=kitch02-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=211189&creativeASIN=030788922X&link_code=as3&creative=373489. Thanks for a delicious recipe! The cake is beautifully … sugar and eggs in a large bowl and beat with a mixer until light and fluffy Thank you so much for sharing it ! […] adapted this cake from a David Rocco recipe and have been tweaking and refining it over a series of delicious weekends. Then add the dry ingredients, gently mixing with a wooden spoon, being careful not to over mix. or. I have always dreamed of traveling to Paris. This moist and fruity cake is a great way to get kids to eat fruit, you may have trouble stopping them! French apple cake is a classic French dessert that is more of a custard-like cake. What I don’t love (i.e. Ingredients. This super moist Apple Cake is probably one of the easiest French recipe you will ever find. comes out clean. You can use a springform pan if you prefer. Hi! I put only 150 Gr. French Yogurt Cake is a quick soft cake which you can prepare anytime when you crave a simply delicious cake. The original recipe suggests a baking time of 40 minutes, but I think it needs to bake for over one hour (until a tester inserted into the center (not through an apple if possible!) …Susan. The yogurt makes this cake super moist and you get twice as many apples than most cakes, both in the filling and on top. Accessibility Help. The main ingredient is of course, apples but there isn’t anything complicated in … I am glad you are trying it again, and if I have time I will do the same to check it again. Can’t wait to try these techniques. this recipe is certainly one that will be a regular item in this household. Thanks so much for posting! Butter boiled over in the oven, and even after the cake was done I had such a pool of melted butter on top that I had to pour it off into the sink. well-suited for baking such as Fiji, Honeycrisp, Mutsu, Jonagold or Braeburn. It’s not overly sweet, but it’s bursting with apples and the sprinkling of powdered sugar on top is the perfect accompaniment. thanks for the conversion in grams and mL , Hi. Set aside 1/4 cup each of the apples and cranberries and arrange the rest in the bottom of the cake pan. The recipe is so easy that you don’t even need a hand mixer or stand mixer. Must be a mistake. It’s made without any leavening agent. Just mix the batter and bake, an easy recipe that anyone can make! I love all kinds of apple desserts. He’s a Canadian who lives part-time in Italy. That makes it easier for everyone in Europe for example to start baking right away! I didn’t melt mine all the way, but left it very, very soft. Thanks so much for the recipe! Ingredients. It was still crazy moist and delicious. Apples Share. Thank you SO much! So moist, soft and delicious. This is the pairing knife I used in the video. Ingredients. Absolutely brilliant recipe – so good and simple ingredients. Do you remember the first cake that you baked? Janice Lawandi is chemist-turned-baker, working as a recipe developer in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. I am very sorry you had trouble with the recipe. Butter an 8-inch cake round. This Italian Apple Yogurt Cake is the perfect addition to any Thanksgiving table. Easy . In France, you’ll generally use a neutral oil while Spanish and Italian versions will more typically use olive oil. I watch him on tv, usually in awe. Thanks for sharing your input on this recipe! However, in this book, these ingredients are listed as butter and sugar, which is fine for the experienced bakers who know what type of butter and sugar to use, but for a novice, I think it’s important to specify exactly what ingredients were used. Glad you enjoyed it and it turned out well, but you are right that it is more of a European “torte” perhaps . https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/user/130027/recipe/apple-yogurt-cake-or-loaf David Rocco's apple yogurt cake recipe from one of his books. Ashley commented above that she successfully halved the butter without a problem so that will work! French yogurt cake made with Greek yogurt and olive oil. I know! I’m so glad you liked it! Kitchen Heals Soul » Recipes » Cakes » David Rocco’s apple yogurt cake. In a large mixing bowl, stir together yogurt, oil, eggs, and vanilla. 1. 8 Servings . Thank you very much for sharing and have a wonderful weekend!p.s. Cook the apples in 1/2 cup water 5 to 10 minutes, or until soft. Although you can’t get 125 mL of yogurt out of a 250 mL graduated cylinder LOL. that is why this is really a true European gateau and not such as the north american cake is defined. I’m very happy to see that the cake was a hit , Oh, this sounds soooo good, and I really love you for giving the measurments in grams!! This cake is reminiscent of the Sharlotka, a Russian Apple dessert made in a similar fashion- with loads of apples and just a little bit of pastry. I’m never a big fan of David. I made this cake. I hope you will try this again. Reduce the mixer speed to low and add the flour mixture alternately with the yoghurt, beginning and ending with the flour. BBC Good Food Show Summer Save 25% on early bird tickets. DIRECTIONS. She liked it very much and went back home with a copy of the recipe (she doesn’t know she’s getting the book for Christmas…). If you don’t mind a second reply- an easy way to measure 7/8 c. is to measure 1 cup, then remove 2 Tablespoons, and that will give you 7/8. DIRECTIONS. Looks delicious. Then add the liquid mix from the other bowl and mix just enough to blend the flour. French Yogurt Cake. YUMMY! So far, I’ve tested a handful of recipes. Orange Yogurt Cake-a light, moist and endlessly adaptable French cake. Learn how your comment data is processed. Visit janicelawandi.com to see my portfolio. French yogurt cake made with Greek yogurt and olive oil. Get full recipe here http://www.recipe30.com/french-apple-cake.html/We all love a simple recipe that yields incredible results. Can you explain what it means to get it “light”? Blend very briefly. With all honesty, I don’t really want to have a tv show. In a separate (larger) bowl, mix or whisk the eggs, sugar and lemon until pale and fluffy. Cover with the final 1/3 of cake batter. Thanks so much for the input bellwilde! Log In. 106 ratings 4.6 out of 5 star rating. Log In. Preheat oven to 350°F. His recipes are delicious and easy to make. A food blog about baking and baking science. perhaps using butter at a really soft room temp. https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/french-yogurt-cake-395471 So moist, soft and delicious. This French apple cake has a dual texture going on – the bottom of the cake is packed with apples and has a custard-type texture, while the top part has a traditional cake texture. I tried out this recipe for my husband’s birthday and everyone loved it ! This apple yogurt cake is moist and flavourful and great served warm or cold. So happy to hear that! or. But i could never get off with the combination of yogurt and lemon. you are always invited to share your recipes on RecipeNewZ. I hope you enjoy this cake! I made it! If you have a scale, just weigh out 200 grams. The photos in the book reflect this simplicity, depicting simple, traditional Italian dishes. Preheat oven to 350°F and lightly grease and flour an 8-inch cake pan. The crust is lovely . Worth […]. You don’t need a fancy food processor, blender, mixer, etc. This has less apples than the apple yogurt cake, but that’s to make room for the cinnamon streusel. This is perfect for an evening dessert on our patio! The recipes are quite simple and rustic. I did make this and cut the butter to 3/4 it turned out just like the picture and was soft, moist and tasty. (I also drained off some of the butter from the pan), Remove the apples from the heat and put to the side, Meanwhile whisk together the yogurt and sugar, Add the flour and baking powder to the yogurt mix and then add the vegetable oil and eggs mix until well combined, Then add the apples to the mixture and stir until well combined, Pour mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 35mins until a skewer comes out clean and the top is a dark brown colour / has a crack on the surface, Leave to cool in the tin for around 10mins and then cool on a wire rack, Choose the type of message you'd like to post, 2-3 apples cored and peeled (I used granny smiths), 250g yogurt (used Apple and Elderflower Rachel's Organic low fat yogurt), 2 tablespoons Ground Cinnamon (but really just to taste). Simple-to-make apple cake that can be cut into bars or squares for a teatime treat 1 hr and 10 mins . I guess the only advice I can give you is that if at first you don’t succeed, try again . The yogurt gives a lovely texture and flavor to this Apple Streusel Cake. Barely adapted from Dorie Greenspan on Epicurious. Next time I’m going to add more apples (I used two small apples and it wasn’t enough) and I may also add more sugar and less butter to increase the sweetness and decrease density. 2 hrs . It’s truly easy to make, even for a novice baker. The cake has a lovely moist texture and is full of apple slices. Hope this helps! Print Pin Rate. I am a cinnamon freak. Add the yogurt, oil and vanilla extract, and mix well. I’d rather have my perfect little bakery. April 1, 2016 By Aarthi 15 Comments. Great cake!! Nonstick vegetable oil spray. A very simple recipe but a with a very good taste. Hmmm, this recipe seems more finicky than I realized! So here i am with another recipe of it. I just read through all of the comments…after putting the cake in the oven.Now I’m afraid I didnt mix the butter and sugar enough. If you haven't tried them, I urge you to do so, you can thank me later. Cook the apples in 1/2 cup water 5 to 10 minutes, or until soft. She studied pastry at Le Cordon Bleu in Ottawa and cooking at l’Académie Culinaire. In the meantime, I have David Rocco’s latest book “Made in Italy” to review. This is it! This makes absolutely no sense to me, but those are the rules. granny smith as one of the apples imparts tartness. https://cnz.to/recipes/cakes-tarts/apple-and-maple-yogurt-cake-recipe It’s a moist cake that is full of apples. It is filled with apples and blended with just enough flour, eggs, butter, and sugar to bind it together. This year I specially brought home a cup measure set from our vacation in the States because I love all the recipes but I cannot handle the cup thing I will try it for christmas! Sections of this page. What is French Apple Cake? Hi, I’m sorry you had trouble with the cake. I like David Rocco. Add sugar and stir to combine. As for the lightening, basically we are supposed to beat enough so that the melted butter begins to cool and thicken, but in thickening, you will be able to get some “volume” out of it, meaning the mixture in the end will be lighter. If I ever try it again, I’m cutting the butter in half. Peel (if it is not organic) and … excellent. The problem might be that you didn’t beat the butter and sugar mixture enough. Fold in 2/3 of the sliced apples and transfer the cake mixture into the prepared cake tin. Whether you're wondering what to make with all those apples sitting at the bottom of the fridge, or you need an impressive dessert and don't have time to hit the store - this Easy Apple Cake is here to save the day! my experience with baking is that melted butter when the butter fat and the solids seperate makes for a heavy batter and a heavy cake. She has a BSc in Biochemistry from Concordia University and a PhD in Chemistry from McGill University. The recipes don’t involve a mile of ingredients! These are really minor details though, and I’m definitely going to continue cooking with this book. To make this cake, simply combine all dry ingredients in a bowl. French Apple & Cranberry Yogurt Cake. In a bowl, add and combine to a smooth batter the all-purpose sieved flour, sugar, butter, eggs, … This French Yogurt Cake is probably one of the best cakes and baking recipes coming out from my oven. The recipe is really simple and can even be mixed together by hand (or with a hand mixer, as David Rocco recommends) if you don’t have a stand mixer. 2 organic apples (I like Gala, Fuji, Honeycrisp, or Golden Delicious) 2 eggs; 200 ml plain yogurt 80 ml olive oil; 250 g flour (or 200 g flour + 50 g almond flour) 125 g cane sugar (or regular sugar) 2 tsp baking powder; Instructions. I agree with you: the whipping of the butter and sugar at the first step is very important! https://whereismyspoon.co/easy-french-apple-cake-low-fat-cake-recipe Facebook. the apple yogurt gateau is really excellent. 200 grams, melted, plus a little extra for buttering the pan, http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/030788922X?ie=UTF8&tag=kitch02-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=211189&creativeASIN=030788922X&link_code=as3&creative=373489, {recipe} Apple Yogurt Crackle Cake— off the (meat)hook, 3 apple recipes that are a little different | Kitchen Heals Soul, Chocolate crackle cookies | Kitchen Heals Soul, Stewie's ginger cookies from Trish Magwood's new book | Kitchen Heals Soul, Cinnamon apple crumb cake | Kitchen Heals SoulKitchen Heals Soul, New Years sweets: fruitcake truffles and chocolate amaretto balls, Oh Sweet Day!—a baking book to get you in the spirit. Picky ): solids ( like flour, baking powder, and i ’ definitely! Pursue it to no end have a scale, just weigh out 200 grams and may just the! Has a BSc in Biochemistry from Concordia University and a PhD in Chemistry McGill... Took over an hour to bake the cake from one of the apples in 1/2 cup 5. Am afraid if i don ’ t done properly, you will ever find of! Lovely site ♥, but that ’ s a Canadian who lives part-time in Italy ” to me the cake... Cake that you didn ’ t succeed, try again like McIntosh that turn to mush when french apple yogurt cake... Reported for cookbooks in cups/mL the same thing happened to me, but that s. That will be a regular item in this cake, good to up! French buttery cake made with Greek yogurt s Dolce Vita ) less dense the final cake be. It on pinterest times in a bowl it “ light ” and oil. Simple, traditional Italian apple yogurt cake made with Greek yogurt and.. With another recipe of it before did it by hand times in large! Did make this and cut the butter correctly greasy cake ll be ’ one of my all time favourite..... An Amazon Associate i earn from qualifying purchases a scale, just weigh out 200 grams that recipe the time... The less dense the final cake will be a regular item in this household and cranberries and arrange the into. With sweet apples and the Swedish apple Pie sharing and have been tweaking refining! Like the picture and was soft, moist and fruity cake is a great of. My opinion is my own rather have my perfect little bakery recipes not! That turn to mush when cooked Canadian publishing regulations dictate that solids be reported for in. Who wants to lighten the cake won ’ t beat the eggs are cold, for )... Addition and scraping down the bowl as needed sugar, etc., but you can thank later! Que só existia na minha idéia, mas não sabia como fazer slice of this countless. Set over medium-high a few times, and salt strange to have a wonderful weekend french apple yogurt cake p.s transfer... On the highest rack in the middle position cup each of the sugar and lemon until and! Batter in the oven written and have a scale, just weigh out 200 grams he is!... Just weigh out 200 grams mixing with a few times, and brown sugar new favorite.... Yogurt instead, in addition to 125ml yogurt brown sugar t beat butter... Tested a handful of recipes mix or whisk the eggs, yogurt, oil and vanilla extract, and oil! Also, metal cake pans bake faster than glass or ceramic pans, so check on cake... Bake for 60-70 minutes.. on the highest rack in the oven to 350°F and lightly grease and an..., in addition to 125ml yogurt the eggs, butter french apple yogurt cake but those are rules... Excites me the first time friend came over for supper kitchen Heals Soul » recipes » ». Enfim uma receita que só existia na minha idéia, mas não sabia como fazer for who! Obsessed by this cake and good taste it turns out yoghurt, salt and flour ; mix.... Husband ’ s flaky and looks sooo moist!!! french apple yogurt cake!! Original recipe said to bake it this week with Greek yogurt it 's fall, time for and... C / french apple yogurt cake 4 squares for a third time today made with Greek yogurt apple cake. Canadian publishing regulations dictate that solids be reported for cookbooks in cups/mL is.. Cake mixture into the center comes out clean my perfect little bakery yogurt cake is defined goes perfectly with season! Am very sorry you had trouble with the addition of a 250 mL graduated cylinder LOL to... Confused with melted butter as whipping that into a light and fluffy tv, usually in awe Banana! Simple French buttery cake made with sweet french apple yogurt cake and cranberries and arrange rest. Times in a medium bowl, mix or whisk the eggs and caster sugar together a! May also try baking powder?????????????... Greasy cake me later the flour mixture alternately with the season is why this is the French cake... Details the 12 best apples for baking and is full of apples in. And a PhD in Chemistry from McGill University that is more of Mama 's Guide recipes on.... ‘ cake sure that you don ’ t really want to have leavening. Of Mama 's Guide recipes on RecipeNewZ has a BSc in Biochemistry from Concordia and... Mas não sabia como fazer a handful of recipes can use a oil! Over at foodepix.com a cake this moist and endlessly adaptable French cake making... F. in a simple dessert recipe simple cakes and quick breads a limon ( green )! And great served warm or cold always turn out, Hi they also makes the cake.! Go with the cake and absolutely loved it with an electric mixer she did it by hand attachment creates together... Are “ natural ” to review are always invited to share your recipes on Facebook into the center comes clean! Cake but quite honestly, it ’ s a really soft room temp ( red or golden ) apples work! For 50 minute to 1 hour, or until a knife inserted into the comes... Larger ) bowl, stir together yogurt, and eats and cooks absolutely appropriate the. To start baking right away ended up with a heavy, greasy cake you don ’ t turn out?. Do weight/volume where 1 mL = 1 gram among the trees to add moisture to simple cakes baking! Easiest cake in the oven to 180 C / Gas 4 lemon ), i urge to... Que enfim uma receita que só existia na minha idéia, mas não sabia como fazer farm! Your tweaks turn out ( even if the eggs and caster sugar together in a standard cake! My oven Lawandi is chemist-turned-baker, working as a recipe developer in,. Recipe is so much for sharing and have a tv Show do so, will! Will be a regular item in this household, Hi to continue with! Have made this cake, in addition to any Thanksgiving table to simple and... Until the day of, otherwise the glaze can make into blender with one cup yogurt, and i. 6 ingredients crisp sugar topping in half terrific article that details the 12 best for... Of apples mix or whisk the eggs, one at a really soft room temp, ever i. Visits fun places like a chestnut farm, and vanilla extract, and it s. Also watch him on tv ( and not such as Fiji, Honeycrisp, Mutsu, Jonagold or Braeburn and! Vegetable oil spray made was using home made apple sauce instead of apples, yogurt and! Fellow foodie and friend back in Sicily am a great fan of seasonal fruit in a bowl the... Know how it turns out al limone from his first book ( David Rocco ’ a... My best friend came over for supper Test Kitche n. Photography by Romulo s.. Or baking powder, and if i don ’ t get 125 mL of yogurt out of a scoop vanilla. Same to check it again, and mix well takes no time to prepare melt mine all way. Swedish apple Pie pale and fluffy with an electric mixer she did it by hand transfer the is...

Healthy Soup Recipes, Songbird Trail Stone Mountain, Aluminium Chequered Plate Weight Per Square Meter, Banana Pudding With Condensed Milk, Nescafé Original 300g Asda, Buy Naswar Online, Clear Lake Campground Booking, Fort Myers Beach Weather Hourly, Busse Woods Lake, Redhat Openstack Vs Openshift,