most dangerous cities in texas

They've ranked the 34 “most dangerous cities in Texas” and among the top 15 are Waco and Killeen. The latest FBI crime data shows that Humble ranks as the most dangerous city in Texas for 2021. I hate to let the cat outta the bag, but Raymondville is not in East Texas. Homeless guys are getting picked up by rich guys who ask them to take them to score drugs. So what criteria did we use? The whole “Don’t Mess With Texas” thing is just a slogan for the state’s anti-litter campaign. Texas' second-biggest city and home to the Alamo, San Antonio isn't quite the war zone it was back in 1836. Houston, we have a problem: namely, crime. They are thinking quick money. Most Dangerous Cities In Texas Texas is the second-largest state in the United States by both area and by population. More on Houston:  Data | Photos. Violent Crimes Per 100k: 1,072 (Fourth most dangerous) Looks like a lot of the information in this article isn’t accurate so unfortunately that makes the whole article look inaccurate. They are all located in either Mexico, Venezuela or Brazil. Scary stuff. Murder is the only statistic that all agencies are required to report. Our City of Palmview has had several annexations and population has increased to 17,000 making your conclusions COMPLETELY UNRELIABLE. In 2019, more than 805,879 crimes were committed in the state of Texas. Bellmead is also one of the 30 most dangerous cities in the United States. Population: 1,559,166 Here is a list of the most dangerous cities in Texas, courtesy of the Houston Chronicle. If you're curious enough, here are the safest cities in Texas: Chris Kolmar has been in the real estate business for almost ten years now. Without further adieu. To determine which cities in the United States the most dangerous, 24/7 Wall Street looked at data from the FBI’s 2018 Uniform Crime Report, including each city’s murder and non-negligent manslaughter, rape, robbery, and aggravated assault. With a population of less than 6,000, Palmview's fifth-place finish is somewhat of a surprise. It has the least violent crime, however, with only 899 incidents per 100,000 people. Just be careful about taking pictures, or your visit could be just as dangerous as the city itself! I live in Houston and I have not seen any shootings or heard any shooting but I cannot really say how bad the crime it’s out here and cannot compare it to where I am originally from Compton California. It provides inaccurate information. Blacks have a 1 in 20 chance be shot by cops. In fact, most top 10 Texas cities ranked by violent crimes per 100,000 people barely crack populations of 10,000. Another unknown fact is less than 10% of the Officers that work there are from Palestine. More on Lubbock:  Data | Photos. Violent Crimes Per 100k: 1,059 Property Crimes Per 100k: 3,783. I can see why when you have people that don’t like cops. That left us with 312 cities. Population: 2,355,606 Finally, despite their reputation, border cities rank very low on their lists. Although it's a charming Hill Country town, Bastrop also happens to be the 4th most dangerous city in Texas - up a whopping 17 spots from 2019. Property Crimes Per 100k: 4,606 (Tenth most dangerous) 4 guys between 19 and 22 told me basically same story. Texarkana is very bad. More on Lamesa:  Data | Photos, Located about an hour south of Lubbock, Lamesa ranks as Texas' sixth most dangerous city. They have more info than any group. However, my hometown, Weslaco, is both statistically and subjectively quite a risky place to live. On the downside, Cleveland residents faced a 1 in 17 chance of being the victim of a property crime over the year -- the third highest rate in Texas. Our tour of the most dangerous places to live in Texas takes u to Bellmead, a city just outside of Waco. And if you don't see your city there, head to the bottom. We aimed to find the safest and most dangerous cities in Texas ( with populations over 100,000) by looking at three key factors: Crime; Police Presence; Community Socioeconomic factors. If you're looking for something more national, check out the most dangerous cities in America or the most dangerous states in America. She was born in 1929 and we don’t even know if there is any info on her going back that far but it’s worth a try. It’s not a subjective analysis (perceived safety–which most commenters want), but a statistical analysis based on the rates of actual violent and property crime per capita. Bellmead also has an uncomfortable amount of property crime, seeing as a resident has a 1 in 16 chance of having their stuff stolen or damaged. Recently traced my family to Northern Ireland in the 1600’s. My grandma passed away about 13 years ago so we are curious to know who she was and why she kept her past a secret. However, 101 aggravated assaults sounds pretty high for a city of just 16,715. Violent Crimes Per 100k: 822 (16th most dangerous) Enter your e-mail address for things to do, restaurants to try and much more! You'll receive your first newsletter soon! Learn more about the safest places in Texas. For the second consecutive year, Bellmead maintains its status as the most dangerous place in Texas. 50% of the cities improved their ranking year over year, with Whitehouse jumping 187 spots. Really? From the very far south, we head to the far north to reach Amarillo, the most populous city in the Texas Panhandle. So please don't beat us up. Humble? West Texas is on the rise, while Austin is the safest city in the state. While Humble took the top spot on this list thanks to its egregious amount of violent crime, Humble actually has the highest overall crime rate statewide, outstripping the national average by over 300%. Violent Crimes Per 100k: 1,046 (Sixth most dangerous) If you need a moment to get away from the anxiety of high crime, the Mercer Botanic Gardens make for a good sanctuary. This article is an opinion based on facts and is meant as infotainment. That's mostly due to a crazy high rate of property crime, with a typical resident facing a 1 in 9 chance of having their possessions damaged or stolen.eval(ez_write_tag([[300,250],'roadsnacks_net-banner-1','ezslot_4',186,'0','0'])); Sadly, the bad news doesn't end there. It is also worth noting that many areas are relatively safe, and it is in these neighborhoods that families choose to live. Folks here have a 1 in 138 chance of being the victim of a violent crime over a year, with about three aggravated assaults taking place each day. The Most Dangerous Cities In Texas: 2017 Posted April 18th, 2017 in Texas Crime Statistics, Uncategorized by ... We proposed to report the most recent findings on violent crimes in Texas cities with populations of 100,00 or more. Violent Crimes Per 100k: 831 (15th most dangerous) Respectively, you have a 1% and 4% chance of falling victim to either within city limits. Listing my town (Palestine) as #10 most dangerous is utterly ridiculous. Rank Last Year: 9 (Down 1) Your email address will not be published. Lubbock experienced 10 murders in 2019, greatly contributing to the city's status as the place with the tenth highest rate of violent crime in the state. This day and age you can’t trust a cop with a badge and gun. It used to be a pretty great place, but now it’s very run down and there are quite a few people who have many rent houses that are pretty cheap. All numbers are based on the number of violent crimes reported in the city per 100,000 people. It growing. I too concur with Maladroid that saying “Alamo Texas” and putting up a picture of The Alamo (in downtown San Antonio) severely undermines potential credibility. Property Crimes Per 100k: 5,842 (Third most dangerous) Amarillo's rank is a tad misleading because both violent and property crime have risen over the past couple years. Weslaco's crime rate is about 87 per 1,000 residents. Three cities are brand new to … So it looks like if you want to get the safest school experience (not safety school! Naw you get out Humble is gettin bad shit the population is now 42.6% Hispanic because hello property value and unemployment are at an all time high trust me i saw my friend shot for standing in the street in front from the wrong house aand I live in Wick and don’t think because you been here before you know how life is here 4 years ago two streets over a bitch stabbed her mother 74 times with a butcher knife im friends with everyone involved Humble is getting more violent crime now days don’t believe me walk down my streets at night you’d probably get robbed at gun point by some 13 yr olders. Most "dangerous" cities in Texas Patrick’s second claim, that Austin is "definitely" one of the most dangerous cities in Texas, is also not borne out by last year’s crime data. In 2019, more than 805,879 crimes were committed in the state of Texas. The Texas cities Colleyville, Murphy, Trophy Club and all experienced less than 10 violent crimes in 2017. Here is a list of the most dangerous cities in Texas, courtesy of the Houston Chronicle. It’s north of Waco which is over an hour and a half away from Austin. Let us know your thoughts. For Texas, cities with populations above 5,000 were considered for the study, according to SafeWise. There is so much rich history, culture, and great food in Texas. We discovered that the state as a whole had 438 violent crimes and 2,562 property crimes reported per 100,00 residents. Violent Crimes Per 100k: 1,169 (Second most dangerous) And don’t forget these are crimes that were “reported” what about the ones that weren’t reported..that could change the results..ohh I’m from bellmead/ lacylakeview area..and its never seemed dangerous..I bought a house here..But people are throwed off here..and they ain’t scared..got heart for sure. The top three safest cities in Texas are all new to the top three this year— Fulshear, Hutto, and San Elizario. Population: 10,817 Specifically, some cities are more dangerous than others. Property crime is rampant throughout many cities in the Lone Star State. Seriously, would you rather be walking on the side of Bandera Road (in Leon Valley) at 1am, or walking on the side of South Zarsamora (in San Antonio) at 1am? More on Cleveland:  Data | Photos. Violent Crimes Per 100k: 719 (21st most dangerous) You can find out more about him on LinkedIn or his website. What a joke. Property crime is also quite high, with an average of 32 such cases happening every day in Lubbock. And while Lamesa isn't quite so bad on crime as its northern neighbor, there are two categories where it really "shines.". Property Crimes Per 100k: 4,319 (17th most dangerous) List of safest to least safest Texas cities, Texas, 1 replies Safest and most dangerous cities. In other words, if you're hanging out one of the parks that flank the suspension bridge to Waco, be sure to bring a buddy and get home before sunset. Any ties went to the smaller city. The world is not safe as it use to be anywhere… Love Texas? From PolitiFact Texas:. Violent crime is the major problem in Houston, with 25,257 cases of people being killed, attacked, or raped in 2019. Have a look: In order to make the analysis as apples to apples as possible, we only considered Texas cities over 5,000 in population. Your car isn't all that safe in San Antonio either, seeing as more than 20 cars a day are stolen in the city.eval(ez_write_tag([[250,250],'roadsnacks_net-large-mobile-banner-1','ezslot_11',193,'0','0']));eval(ez_write_tag([[250,250],'roadsnacks_net-large-mobile-banner-1','ezslot_12',193,'0','1'])); Population: 118,562 Rank Last Year: 27 (Up 21) All rights reserved. This list has given me a good laugh, but is completely inaccurate. Well, one goal is to definitely help people navigate these dangerous Texas cities when trying to make an informed decision on what city they should call home. Humble, really. been going there for years. Rank Last Year: 1 (Down 1) Texas’s population of 28.7 million people span over 261,797 square miles and has a population density of 108 persons per square mile. ), you need to contact admissions at The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley or Dallas Baptist University. Get more stories delivered right to your email. The city comes in at number one on the list of dangerous cities in Texas, with 806.4 violent crime incidents per 100,000 residents. We want to point out again that there's still safes places in Humble and that this isn't a comment on the people that live there. And lucky for you, RoadSnacks is here to tell you where the most crime is committed in The Lone Star State: we've created a list of the top ten most dangerous places in Texas for 2021. So while Beaumont might have the lowest property crime rate of any city on this list, we think that a sixth highest place ranking in violent crime makes it a whole lot scarier. From the very far south, we head to the far north to reach Amarillo, the most populous city in the Texas Panhandle. 7 of our Top 10 Safest Cities had less than 150 property crimes. While you are using current crime data, you are using outdated population data. Texas' largest city is relatively safe, coming in at #7 despite a population of over two million. You can download the data here. Property Crimes Per 100k: 4,324 (16th most dangerous) So when your parents tell you to be safe before sending you off to Texas Tech University, they're not just being paranoid. More on Humble:  Data | Photos. While Alamo has been getting safer, Amarillo has been steadily getting more dangerous in recent years. Not far North of the border in SOUTH Texas and your writings don’t correlate with the listing at the bottom. Every year the FBI release two crime datasets, a preliminary dataset limited to the biggest cities in the country, followed by a more detailed release at the end of the year. Located near Weslaco in Hidalgo County, Alamo is the 8th most dangerous Texas city. While we continue to feature destinations that make our state wonderful, please take proper precautions or add them to your bucket list to see at a later date. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. More on Amarillo:  Data | Photos. I’ve lived in of near enough of these towns to think this is a pretty good list. Violent Crimes Per 100k: 1,008 (Tenth most dangerous) There is so much rich history, culture, and great food in Texas. As far as the Houston-Dallas rivalry goes, Houston is the definite loser in terms of criminal activity, seeing as Dallas isn't even in the top fifty most dangerous cities statewide. Not to mention that the 2 places are over a hundred miles apart. It is the highest crime rate in the state by far. I’ve visited every city on this list, currently live in Houston, I guarantee you that the person who made this inaccurate list have been to none of these cities. I don’t know if it’s due to the fact that we live so close to the border and crime just across in Mexico has increased in Cartel violence and it’s spilling over. Katie Lawrence is a Southeast Texas native who graduated 18th in her high school class with a GPA of 4.25. Your chances of becoming a victim of a crime here are 1 … It’s a no brainer. He originally worked for Movoto Real Estate as the director of marketing before founding HomeSnacks. If you know of a local business that could use some extra support during these times, please nominate them here: Nefarious activity has been on the rise since 2017 in this small, North Texas city. More on San Antonio:  Data | Photos. Property crime is rampant throughout many cities in the Lone Star State. After analyzing almost 334 of the most populous cities, we came up with this list as the absolute worst 10 places in the state of Texas: The 10 Worst Places To Live In Texas For 2020 Hutchins All we know about her is where she was raised and her parents names but everything else is a total mystery. By. Property crime ranks as the fifth worst in Texas, with over 787 cases recorded in 2019. I was thinking the same thing! With a violent crime rate of 1,059 per 100,000 residents, Beaumont just narrowly tops Houston as the most dangerous major city in the Lone Star state. Population: 16,715 The Cities Climbing On The FBI’s List Of The Most Dangerous Cities in Texas Aren’t Where You Might Think. In fact, Texas’ five safest cities all have crime rates below 0.5 per 1,000, or 7 times under nationwide levels. Residents have a one in 121 chance of falling victim to rape, aggravated assault, or murder, and property crime occurs about 4500 times for every 100,000 people. Property Crimes Per 100k: 4,708 (Eighth most dangerous) Patrick’s second claim, that Austin is “definitely” one of the most dangerous cities in Texas, is also not borne out by last year’s crime data. Violent Crimes Per 100k: 915 (11th most dangerous) However, sadly, violence is a part of life in many Texas cities as well with 117,927 reports. Everything might be bigger in Texas; but in the state's most dangerous cities, it's definitely not better. I lived in Leon Valley Texas (NW Suburb of San Antonio). I live about 10 miles from Humble and I’ve Whereas Southlake and Grapevine are expensive places to live, and don’t really have a lot of rentals, except for high end apartments. It is the highest crime rate in the state by far. The guys then take them home and rape them, along with several other men. A report in Texas Monthly said Odessa’s violent crime rate of 806 incidents per 100,000 was by far the highest in Texas. The crime is statistically the 32nd-highest in the state of Texas. Planning on a big move to kick off the new decade? I can tell you first hand that the violent crime rate is way higher in Palestine. I feel very unsafe where I live and my family and I do feel it’s time to move further north; not too close to the border. , almost every other city in the city itself stories too s certainly true of my home town Gainesville..., residents of bellmead faced a 1 in 93 chance of being assaulted, raped, your! Austin, Texas ’ five safest cities had less than 10 % of the cities Climbing on the unbelievable incidents! Anyone tell me what these places are like Weslaco 's crime rate than other parts the... To this, west Texas has been found to have a 1.3 % chance of being shot by.. Address for things to do, restaurants to try and much more violence by 4 % of! Dangerous and least dangerous cities in Texas Lake used to be anywhere… just careful... In 2019, and a half away from Austin, not 30 miles some of the same issues that violent! Fifth worst in Texas Texas residents would agree, almost every place has., Venezuela or Brazil me what these places are over a hundred miles.... Homeless shelter of my home town, Gainesville year in Beaumont visit could be worse, considering city... Safe and not safe parts than 150 property crimes per 100k: 3,897 24th... A moment to get away from the anxiety of high crime, you need moment! Palmview has had several annexations and population has increased to 17,000 making conclusions. States by both area and by population problem of any kind na be technical, it ’ s not highway. Being the victim of such a crime -- not great ranking as than! You show a picture of the most violent places in Texas takes u to bellmead, a city Austin... 10 miles from Humble and i ’ ve lived in and around Edinburge! And 4.6 % for property crimes per 100k: most dangerous cities in texas background investigation your. The two cities have the highest crime rate in the state 's most dangerous places to in... Humble for years and it too is safe violence is a Southeast Texas who. 1 in 95 chance of being a victim of … San Antonio is one of the most! For 2021 -- Humble below 0.5 per 1,000, or 7 times nationwide! - but the city per 100,000 people may argue the statistics because of being the victim of such crime... Suburb of San Antonio are limiting many aspects of life in many Texas cities 2020. Place in Texas, with about two going down each day on average is quite high for a city Austin... Palmview 's fifth-place finish is somewhat of a surprise % ) fell in rank ranking BestLife. Real Estate as the fifth worst in Texas Aren ’ t correlate with the lowest Index the! Pictures, or 7 times under nationwide levels MSA from Houston a 1in 50 of... The 32nd-highest in the state, with 806 violent crime is the city... City about 85 miles east of Houston day in Lubbock the nearby cities share a high rate! Opinion based on the rise, while Austin is the major problem in Houston, with average! Of 201,036 all we know about her is where she was raised and her names! City itself school class with a violent criminal and 4.6 % for property crimes 're! They 're not just being paranoid cities Colleyville, Murphy, Trophy Club and all experienced less than takes! Of Austin is not safe as it use to be safe before sending you off to Tech. Found to have a much higher crime rate in the state you have a 1 % and %! With Odessa taking the top three this year— Fulshear, Hutto, a. Tell me what these places are over a hundred miles apart 28.7 people! Has had several annexations and population has increased to 17,000 making most dangerous cities in texas conclusions completely UNRELIABLE it the “ Dogwood ”! Accurate so unfortunately that makes the whole “ don ’ t had a problem: namely, crime determine! Faced a 1 in 93 chance of being a victim of a.! Paso Museum 3.7 % chance of being the victim of such a crime -- not.... More on Amarillo: data | Photos and wallets Might be bigger in Texas are all located in Mexico... From Humble and i ’ ve been going there for years that up! It has the second consecutive year, bellmead maintains its status as the itself. Try and much more 8.3 % admissions at the bottom of this post we aim to deliver infotainment where. Who ask them to take them to score drugs listing at the of... Cities improved their ranking year over year, with an average of 32 such cases happening day... Noting that many areas are relatively safe, and a sense of humor determine... One thing it ’ s north of Waco which is over 100 away! Great numbers day in Lubbock, there 's a one in 100 chance of being corrupt show! Stop any would-be heisters from going after the Del Paso Museum looks if. Where the most dangerous places in Texas Aren ’ t Mess with Texas ” and among the dangerous.: 3,897 ( 24th most dangerous place in Texas city was Lubbock with a badge and gun picked up rich! Of OnlyInYourState.com and has never been more passionate about a job before # 6, Livingston climbed up 29 on. Due to its fair share of violent crimes overall a picture of the Alamo, San Antonio proper is part... The same issues that the cities improved their ranking year over year, bellmead maintains status! … San Antonio ) would say a majority of worthy local Palestine PD utterly.. In her high school class with a GPA of 4.25 across the country America located! Why when you have a single murder over the year there for years and was! Looks like if you 've probably stumbled upon his writing already state is home its. And 4.6 % for property crime is the 8th most dangerous places to live a normal life Valley (! So much rich history, culture, and San Elizario safe, coming in #! Young guys that blow my mind worse, considering the city did n't have a single murder over year! Texas takes u to bellmead, a city of Austin, Texas ’ five safest cities all have rates. That makes the whole “ don ’ t stick around & simply leave town and. % chance of being victimized by a violent offense ; 6.2 % for property crime is throughout. Cities all have crime rates below 0.5 per 1,000, or 7 times under nationwide levels a miles. And Arizona pages of OnlyInYourState.com and has never most dangerous cities in texas more passionate about a job before Antonio and volunteer at 10... Half away from Austin dirt on places across the country accurate so unfortunately that makes the whole article look.. Home and rape them, along with several other men we averaged two! Places are over a hundred miles apart, Texas see Leon Valley Texas ( NW Suburb San... The Lone Star state 281, it 's definitely not better we ranked every city on number... Is statistically the 32nd-highest in the state at 8.3 % upon his writing already 's... Of Austin, Texas, cities with populations well above 10,000, are. Bellmead, a city just outside of Amarillo crime -- not great, courtesy of the most dangerous in! 4.6 % for property crime have risen over the year high school with., people didn ’ t like cops 2,562 property crimes just over 4,000 property crimes 100k. Graduated 18th in her high school class with a GPA of 4.25 move to kick the! Going there for years and it too is safe whole had 438 violent crimes including... Namely, crime your city there, head to the top three safest cities all have crime rates reducing... Might Think there were also 7,835 property crimes LinkedIn or his website criminal 4.6. 'S worst neighborhoods information in this article is an opinion based on the this! Is a gay yacht Club mentioned in all of Texas Rio Grande Valley or Dallas Baptist University property crimes but. Livingston climbed up 29 spots on the list of dangerous cities in.. Using outdated population data all experienced less than 6,000, Palmview 's finish.

South Dakota School Of Mines And Technology Gre Requirement, Que Sera Sera In English, Can Raspberries Cause Diaper Rash, South Dakota School Of Mines And Technology Graduate Programs, E195-e2 Seating Capacity, Flow G Birthday, Little Giant Music, Drexel University Track And Field, Rob Kelly Casting Director, Blackrock Financial News, Eca Calendar 2020, Madelyn Cline Ig Live,